On September 15, 2010 general renovation work began at the Hotel which completed on mid May 2011. The design and supervision of work undertaken by the Architect Studio and Designers Mr. Christophoros Lazaridis and Partners. The aim is to improve facilities and upgrade our services.
Ikion with respect and sensitivity to the environment of the island of Alonissos which is a symbol of global ecology, redirected to developing of green functions, actions and activities. As an Eco hotel IKION has made important environmental improvements to its structure in order to minimize its impact on the environment. It is a green hotel environmentally-responsible that follows the practices of green living. Ikion Eco Boutique hotel follows strict green guidelines to ensure that our guests are staying in a safe, non-toxic and energy-efficient accommodation.
Here are some basic characteristics of IKION ECO green hotel actions:
- Housekeeping uses non-toxic cleaning agents and laundry detergent
- substrates, mattresses, pillows, curtains, furniture made by COCO-MAT only from natural materials (seaweed, horsehair, coco-fibres, natural rubber, cotton, wool, goose down, cactus, silk)
- 100% organic cotton sheets, towels and mattresses
- Non-smoking environment
- Renewable energy sources for hot water, solar water heaters.
- Bulk organic soap and amenities instead of individual packages to reduce waste
- Guest room and hotel lobby recycling bins
- Towel and sheet re-use (guests can tell housekeeping to leave these slightly used items to reduce water consumption)
- Energy-efficient lighting (LED type 90% energy saving)
- Serves organic and local-grown food
- Non-disposable dishes
- Electrical energy efficient devices
- Rainwater collection tanks, for garden and landscaping
- Recycling program
Ikion Eco is furnished in a unique themed, stylish and aspirational manner. Ikion Eco Boutique Hotel is furnished and decorated in a minimal matter referred to the sense of water flow.
As a Boutique hotel, the IKION ECO is always individual and focused on offering it’s services in a comfortable, intimate, and welcoming setting, so that it is extremely unlikely to be found amongst the homogeneity of large chain hotel groups. Guest rooms and suites are fitted with telephony and cable fast internet/intranet, Wi-Fi Internet, air-conditioning, honesty bars and satelight TV, cable/pay TV etc.
IKION ECO is focusing on quiet and comfort. Guest services are attended to by 24-hour hotel staff.
The works constitute a comprehensive plan and includes 5 sections:
1. Renovation of building infrastructure to ensure high aesthetic quality, functionality and comfort.
2. Upgrading of the production process for renewal of all furnishings and equipment. The design and quality standards aimed at creating high quality class 4 or even 5 stars.
3. Development of innovations in the operation of the hotel in order to distinguish it from the classical form of sleeping accommodation
4. Application procedures enviroment direction with emphasis on energy saving and environmental protection.
5. Implementing and developing information systems designed to offer modern amenities for hotel guests. The project is included in the Programme of 1st Action of the (ΕΣΠΑ) to strengthen SMEs and funded by the Greek Government and the European Union.
Partners and Suppliers for Ikion Eco Boutique Hotel Renovation
COCO-MAT (substrates, mattresses, pillows, curtains, furniture, sheets, towels)
NAFPLIOTIS Bros Company specialized in the field of glass Box Douche, Mirrors, inscription, stairs, windows glass
BRIGHT SPECIAL LIGHTING S.A Lighting Techniques Design Projects
ALMECO Decor for Furnitures
KYPRIOTIS SA for BATH – TILES – BATHROOM – SHOWER – FLOOR
SYCHEM for Sea water desalination Plants